Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Moms who "dream fed": how did you stop?

My daughter is 7 months old and has been exclusively breastfed up until a week ago, when I started giving her a boiled egg yolk or two every day. From the time she was around 2 months, I've given her a "dream feed" every night around 10:30 or 11, 3-4 hours after putting her to bed, and it's worked really well. Well, the book from which I received this advice is focused more on formula-fed babies, so its suggestions for stopping the dream feed are all about adding an extra ounce to each feeding during the day and taking away one from the dream feed gradually. Obviously, the ounce thing isn't applicable to a breastfed baby, so I've been trying to increase her daytime feedings. Have any of you breastfeeding moms dream fed your little one? How and when did you stop giving a dream feed? Thanks! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment